Installing Embodied Labs on your own VR-ready PC
If you're providing your own hardware, please check out our requirements first.
Once you have the required hardware, and have received your Welcome Email, you're ready to install Embodied Labs. Here are the steps:
- If you already have Embodied Labs installed, please uninstall it through the Windows Start Menu > Apps & Features list.
- Plug your headset into your PC.
- Download and run the Leap Motion installer.
- Download and run the Embodied Labs installer.
- Once completed, double click the Embodied Labs desktop icon. You may be prompted to choose your headset from the menu.
If you're using a Windows Mixed Reality headset, please set up your headset in Mixed Reality Portal first using our headset troubleshooting guide. You'll also be prompted to run an OpenVR update, which may take some time to download.
If you run into an error while running the OpenVR update:
1. Close out of Embodied Labs.
2. Right click the Embodied Labs desktop icon and choose Run as administrator.
3. Retry the OpenVR update.
If you're using an Oculus headset, close the Embodied Labs app.
Next, you'll have to set up your headset in Oculus Home first. Open Oculus Home. Do you see a red bar on the top of the app? If so, click that to update your headset firmware.
You'll also need to allow Unknown sources under Settings > General order to run the labs.
In case you don't see anything in your Oculus headset, please follow the steps in our headset troubleshooting guide.
6. Now, your headset should be set up and ready to go! If you haven't yet created your Embodied Labs administrator account, please use the activation email you received to create an account.
7. Finally, sign in and download the modules. You're ready to begin using the labs!
Having an issue? Please contact our support team.