Here's how to share what's in the headset - video and audio - with a larger group, so they can watch along.
In-Person Group Mode
During In-Person Group Mode, the Instructor (or sometimes one learner) wears the headset, while others in the room can see and hear their experience from outside of the headset.
To set up In-Person Group Mode, follow these steps:
1. Sharing Video from your PC to a TV or a Projector.
- Look in your Embodied Labs kit for a video share cable.
- Depending on your laptop model, the video share cable will connect your laptop via USB-C (oval-shaped) or Mini Display port (sideways ‘D’ shaped) to a second screen via HDMI.
- Connect the video share cable from your PC to the TV screen or projector you want to use. Once these are connected, the view you see on your PC's screen should be the same on the second, big screen screen.
- If not, right click anywhere on the PC desktop, select Display Settings, and try selecting a different screen to share to.
- If you still don't see the same thing on the PC screen and the second screen you're sharing to:
- Unplug the headset.
- Right click on the desktop, and select Display settings
- Click on the screen (numbered rectangle) that represents the projector. You may have to try different options to find which represents the projector you are using.
- Choose to Duplicate the display rather than Extend it.
- Re-plug the headset.
2. Open the Embodied Labs VR Desktop App and select a lab experience from the Main Menu.
3. Navigate through the introductory slides with your learners, until you reach the "Personalize your fit" screen (when you're about to put on the headset) and you will see a dropdown menu "Mirror Headset Audio To".
4. So that the audio plays both inside the VR headset, and through the TV or projector (or external speaker - see below):
- From the dropdown menu, select your audio device of choice. The choices in this menu can look a bit different, depending on the device you're using, so you may need to play with different choices a little bit.
5. Once you have chosen an audio device, put on your headset.
For the instructor or learner wearing the VR headset.
To make the experience the best it can be for those watching along on the big screen:
Move slowly and smoothly, a bit like you were doing yoga
What you see in the headset doesn’t exactly translate to what the group sees on the big screen, so you may need to look up or down more than you would expect, or slowly scan around what you see, to let everyone share in what's happening.
These visual guides can help learners in the headset for the first time to know what to expect:
- Your kit also includes a second speaker for sharing the audio with a group.
- To connect the speaker, first plug it into the PC's headphone jack, then plug the power cord into an outlet.
- Avoid speaker static by:
- plugging the speaker into the laptop first
- then plug the speaker power cord into an outlet.
If you're having an issue with any of the above, please contact our support team.