While we offer completely assembled Embodied Labs VR kits for lease with your subscription, you may opt to use your own hardware instead. Here are the requirements to get started with Embodied Labs:
You can use the Windows Mixed Reality minimum requirements/specs from Microsoft as a starting point.
- Intel Core i5, i7, Intel Xeon E3-1240 v5, equivalent or better. AMD Ryzen 5 equivalent or better.
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, AMD Radeon RX 5700, equivalent or better
- Memory: 8 GB RAM or more
- 1x Display Port 1.3
- 1x USB 3.0 Type-C with power delivery (or included power adapter)
- Windows 10 May 2019 update or later
Fully supported headsets:
- Windows Mixed Reality
- HP Reverb G1
- HP Reverb G2
- Samsung HMD Odyssey+
Note: The Embodied Labs leased kits currently ship with the HP Reverb G2 headsets (pictured above).
Partially supported headsets:
- HTC VIVE
- VIVE / VIVE Pro
- Valve Index
Note: While Embodied Labs will generally run successfully for VIVE, VIVE Pro, and Valve Index, we currently do not actively develop and test specifically for these headsets. Support and troubleshooting may be limited.
- Rift / Rift S
Note: Oculus/Meta has officially discontinued production and support for their Rift and Rift S headsets as of Spring 2021. While Embodied Labs has previously worked on the Rift platform, we have since deprecated our support and development for these headsets as well. The Embodied Labs desktop VR app may still run on Oculus Rift but with limited performance. Please use at your own discretion.
Leap Motion Controller with VR Mount
Rather than use the standard controllers that come with headsets, Embodied Labs uses a Leap Motion Controller hand tracking sensor from Ultraleap to allow more natural and intuitive hand interactions with our experiences.
It mounts on the front of your headset and connects to your PC via a cable.
You will need the following:
- Leap Motion Controller
- Leap Motion VR Developer Mount for VR Headsets
- (Optional) A longer micro USB-B to USB-A cable
The Ultraleap website offers a few resellers.
Wipeable face pad interface or cover for improved ability to sanitize and clean between uses.
Cable management wrap to keep the headset cables tidy.
Embodied Labs Subscription & Desktop VR App
- Please ensure you have a valid Embodied Labs subscription. To start your subscription, please contact our sales team.
- Once you have your subscription, visit this guide to download the Embodied Labs Desktop VR App.
Have a question about the requirements? Please contact our support team.