Here are some key things to expect when you first start using Embodied Labs.
1. Sit down in a swivel chair when you’re inside the headset.
2. At the beginning of your session using the VR kit:
- Turn on the laptop and let it fully start up.
- Plug in the headset. This automatically starts Mixed Reality Portal and you’ll see it come up on the laptop screen.
- MRP is like a bridge that lets us run the Embodied Labs app.
- Press minus button (-) at top right to minimize it, but DON’T close it.
- Open the Embodied Labs app and Log In with your username and password.
3. At the end of your VR session, turn off the laptop and unplug your headset from your laptop.
4. If you want to stop your web immersive experience before you reach the end, press X at top right and choose "Yes, exit now".
- Or, if you've pressed Pause first, choose "End Lab" and then "Yes, exit now".
4. When sharing your VR experience with a group over Zoom or in-person on a big TV:
- Move slowly, as if you were doing tai chi or yoga.
- What you see in the headset doesn’t exactly translate to what the group sees on the big screen, so you may need to look up or down, or scan around more than you would expect.
5. Expect to regularly be offered updates when you log into the Embodied Labs app.
- If there's an update in a week, it will happen on Monday. So we recommend opening the Embodied Labs app a few minutes before each scheduled training session, in order to take care of any updates that have been released since your last session.
- Updates will normally take around 5 minutes each. If a larger update is coming up, we will notify you a few days in advance.